Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jung Typology Reflection

My Jung Typology test results actually came to be pretty accurate to the way I think of myself. Some of the results were these: Extravert(56%),  iNtuitive(12%),  Feeling(50%), and  Perceiving(33%). 
The results said that I have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%) which I agree with, I consider myself as an extravert for most of the part. As a student I am not very extravert though, I tend to be pretty shy when I am in class and I rather keep to myself. As a writer I think I am half and half, although I think I am more comfortable writing than speaking in person.
The test said I have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%), I definitely agree on this. I am a person who focuses on the future and the possibilities, I always stop to think of the consequences. As a student I always worry about my future and the consequences if I don't get studying done or my work turned in. As a writer I always think of what people are going to think of me when they read what I write.
According to the results I have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%) and once again I agree with this result. I strongly believe that making decisions based on principles and values is the best way to go. I am ruled by my heart rather than my head. I am a very passionate person driven be emotion, I dislike conflict and I am very empathetic. I get hurt easily and I am also caring of others. As a student this affects me by always trying to please my family and ending up taking on more than I can handle. I later end up finding out that they are proud of me for just trying. As a writer I always want to please my reader so I always end up writing more than I need to.
The last result said that I have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%). I think this result was pretty truthful too. I am flexible, I like to keep my opinion open and thinking randomly. I like to act spontaneously and I am very adaptable. As a student this part of my personality is not the greatest since I tend not to plan in advance and I really don't like preparing myself for tests or quizzes that far out in advance. I tend to be the person that leaves things until the last minute, I can say I work best under pressure which is not ideal. As a writer I like writing as I am thinking , I really don't enjoy planning my writing in advance.
This test made me realize that I am a writer that likes "freewriting" rather than brainstorming. I think that this not only applies to my writing but to my way of living in general. I like living one day at a time, and although I do have a plan for the future I am open for new things in life. I also know that plans not always work out how we want them to. I realize that things can change faster than you can blink and therefore I like my personality type, I don't mind having to adapt to new things.

1 comment:

  1. Good beginning to reflection. Language varies across context. Work to understand and interact with the definitions offered. What do the indicators really mean in regards to how you process the world? ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete